Photo Record

  • Email This Page
Catalog Number GN4127
Title Eugene - Transportation - Rail
Date c.1893
Description Wiley Griffon (sometimes spelled "Griffin") poses with the mule-drawn streetcar that he drove from Willamette Street to the University of Oregon. The mule-driven line was owned by Henry W. Holden, and was later replaced by Portland, Eugene & Eastern Company's electric line. Wiley Griffon was one of Eugene's first black residents. SEE ALSO PHOTO DOCUMENTATION FILE.

ORIGINAL GLASS NEGATIVE IS IN SHELTON-MCMURPHEY COLLECTION, MS 514.029.
Medium b/w
Subjects Eugene - Transportation - Rail